Thursday, March 29, 2012

Well this is exciting!

Lately I've been complaining a lot about the clause of doom (personally I think the clause of ignorant arrogance would be a better name...but the Ravelry community is going with "doom" and hey...its shorter).   Most of the patterns I've used this year have included some variety of it.  Today I discovered that the next pattern in my queue, Lakshmi Juneja's Ethereal Triangular Shawl, has absolutely no mention about what I can do with my finished object.  This made my day.  Thank you Lakshmi Juneja!

This is the kind of designer I would like to support.  This was a free pattern, but if Lakshmi Juneja had any paid patterns on Ravelry, I would certainly try to use them for future projects.

Also...I'm super excited about this shawl you guys.  I need to finish my 2nd totoro mitten first, but hopefully I'll be casting on tonight.  It's got all these scary looking points in the edging so I'm making this my "evil queen" shawl and I'm using the Evil Stepmother colorway of this yarn.

2 comments:

  1. I am currently making a pattern for sale. My plan is to give permission for sale of items with backlink to my credit. It is such a pain to deal with this issue

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is...on the pattern I published recently I said "you can do whatever you want with your finished objects but if you post them online I would consider it a personal favor if you would link back to my pattern"
    But now I'm thinking I might not want to ask for credit. What if the KKK decides they want to do a fundraiser by knitting my hats? They're legally allowed to do that, but um, I REALLY don't want credit in that situation.

    ReplyDelete