Friday, December 2, 2011

Oh god can't stop knitting

So…business is picking up.  My etsy shop has sold $548 of knitted/crocheted stuff in the past 2 weeks.  This is obviously really ridiculously  exciting but its starting to become anxiety inducing.  For one thing, two of my very favorite items sold and I miss them *cries on the way to the post office*.  They were my babies!  I made them with string and pointy sticks!  Second of all, I don’t know how to handle customers who want custom orders but then don’t stay in good contact with me.  I think I just need to not knit anything for anyone until I’ve been paid.  Third, oh dear lord I have SO MUCH KNITTING to do.  Like…a family friend ordered 3 hat/scarf sets to give out as Christmas presents.  They’re cabled so thats another $150 right there…but I’m getting really tired of knitting the same pattern over and over again.  I finished the first set last night so I’m starting on my second hat today.  I intend to finish it today as well.  I want to get all 3 sets in the mail on Thursday so she has time to ship them to the people she’s giving them to.  Then I have to knit my mom, little sister, and boyfriend’s Christmas presents.  Then I have another Link Afghan that was just ordered and needs to be delivered by 1/15.  Any bets on how long it’ll be before Carpal Tunnel sets in?  

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I thought about selling some cool scarves (my only knitting capabilities...well and you showed me the hat pattern) but then I realized that every time I make them I just want to keep them for myself lol! I know how you feel!

    Congrats on getting all the good business with your shop! :)

    I went to the craft show at Turchin Center today and thought about you when I saw a girl knitting in her seat hahahaha. :)

    ReplyDelete