Friday, April 8, 2011

Eyes!

 Pikachu is officially done!  I finally got around to buying supplies other than yarn.  Soon I will have Soot Sprites complete with googly eyes too.

Aaaand this is what a Cheshire Cat looks like before being sewn, stuffed, and embroidered.  I'm hoping the finishing touches make him a bit less...erm...terrifying.  This project has taught me that knitting rather than crocheting plushies is NOT as similar as you would think.  He's knitted on straight needles whereas usually I crochet in the round...in the end that means that in addition to the normal stuffing and sewing all the pieces together, his body and limbs all need seams sewn as well.  I may try to adapt this pattern to crocheting once NerdCon and exams are over and I have free time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment