Monday, September 26, 2011

Greensboro Knit and Crochet Show

Fair Isle Class Project
Knit and Crochet Show Purchases
This Saturday I went to the Greensboro Knit and Crochet Show and it was super fun!  To start with, I was very grateful that I made it there alive.  I got stuck in a torrential rainstorm during my 1-hour drive up there and had I left about a minute earlier I probably would have been part of the like TWELVE car accident I drove past.  I arrived around noon and my class didn't start til 2:00 so I had plenty of time to browse around the shopping floor.  I bought some really fun looking yarn- all self striping.  One skein of sock yarn, 2 DK, and 3 worsted weight NORO!  Yay for my first ever Noro purchase!  Its called Kureyon and 100% wool so I think I'm going to use it for a felted bag, possibly involving mitred squares.   After shopping and obtaining caffeination from the hotel coffee shop I made my way to my fair isle class.  This was the first ever knitting class I've taken.  I've learned EVERYTHING I know about knitting from books and the internet so it was nice getting help from an in person instructor and having people sitting next to me who I could compare progress with.  I've been afraid of fair isle for the entire 5 years I've been knitting but it turned out not to be that hard!  I made an awesome little wristlet and I'm totally inspired to start making all kinds of nerdy fair isle projects.  
Also I put a few new items on the Etsy Shop last week!  My FAVORITE new item is the Chaos Afghan.  I've been working on it since June and I'm very excited to have it done.  This particular afghan is going to Greg but I would love love LOVE to make more of them for custom orders!  

No comments:

Post a Comment