Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Must. Not. Buy. Yarn...yet...


Universal Yarn Classic Shades - Rainforest

Crystal Palace Yarns Mini Mochi
I've been staring longingly at the WEBS website all day trying to resist making a big yarn order of all these beautiful yarns I've been dying to try.  BUT there are so many yarn-buying events in my future that I really should hold off and buy my yarn in person because that is SO much more fun. This weekend is the Knit and Crochet show in Greensboro.  I'm signed up for a fair isle class and I'm planning on driving up 2 hours early so I can check out the sales floor.    Then Oct 8-9 is the raleigh/durham/chapel hill/cary/apex yarn crawl so I'll be driving all over the place and probably buying a little something at each shop.  I'm super super excited.  I tried to make a little yarn excursion this past weekend but it didn't work out all that great...I was driving to Atlanta to visit my sister and I intended to try to stop at a bunch of yarn stores over the course of my 7 hour drive. Unfortunately, I didn't get started until 2pm so I only got to visit 2 yarn stores cause they mostly close at 5.  The first one was The Twisted Knitter in Mebane, NC.  This store was AWESOME.  I bought 3 skeins of universal yarn classic shades which I'm pretty sure is my favorite yarn ever.  The colorways tend to remind one of Noro but the yarn is SOOO soft and as an acrylic/wool blend it is machine washable.  I'm not sure why acrylic gets so much hate...no one is allergic to it, you can machine wash it, and it can be quite soft.  Maybe the people complaining about it have been getting all their yarn at Michael's/AC Moore.  Red Heart Super Saver is NOT a good example of acrylic yarn people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment