Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Okay weather, thats enough, now leave me alone.

The weather is out to get me today.  See I have a major phobia of tornadoes.  I’ve never experienced one but i dunno, maybe I was too young when I watched the wizard of oz because tornadoes are just the scariest thing in world to me.  This means that when the weather is in any way severe (even very heavy rain)  I get very nervous and when there are high winds I am reduced to cowering in the bathroom (because it has no windows) just waiting for the roof to blow off and me and my kitties to fly into the air and get carried away never to be seen again.  AND today the weather is absolutely screwing with me.  First, I woke up 30 minutes before my alarm went off (so annoying) because there was very heavy rain blowing against the window by my bed and it was making me too nervous to sleep.  Then the lightning and thunder started.  I was contemplating not going to class but my wonderful boyfriend offered to drive me to school on his way to work so that I wouldn’t have to walk to the bus stop in the weather from hell.  This was very sweet of him but since he starts work at 9:00 and I start class at 9:50 that meant I got to the law school an hour early and had nothing to do.  That would have been fine…except immediately upon my arrival at the law school I get an email that my first class is canceled.  Now I didn’t have anything to do until 11:00.  If I hadn’t been too scared of the weather to take the bus, I would’ve gotten the email in time and could’ve stayed home and knit for another 2 hours.  I waited out my 2 hours and went to my 11:00am class.  Halfway through I heard this siren somewhere on campus.  I was a little concerned cause hey, I have anxiety issues, but nothing came of it so I figured it was an ambulance or something.  Nope.  10 minutes later the dean (or someone else important) bursts into the classroom and informs us we need to stop class, get away from the windows, and go cower in the basement because there is a tornado.  Now the law school seems pretty sturdy, and is halfway underground so I wasn’t too worried about my own safety but my boyfriend was at work above ground and my poor little kitties were all alone at the apartment!  Thankfully after 30 minutes of shaking uncontrollably the warning was cancelled because apparently the tornado had dissipated a few miles away.  Then, in my 3rd class, the sirens came on AGAIN and we were all ushered to the basement AGAIN because there was ANOTHER tornado.  Once again, the tornado did not actually hit my part of the county and we were allowed out of the basement after 30 minutes.  All in all, I’ve experienced a lot of really unnecessary anxiety today. And I have one more class...god knows what will happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment