Friday, September 9, 2011

I just want to FINISH something

I'm in that awful knitting place where I have like 8 REALLY BIG works in progress and I just want to do something different.  I promised myself I'm not gonna start anything new until I finish these and from now on I'm only gonna have two works in progress at once: one nerdy thing for the etsy shop, and one thing that lets me use fun yarn (because cheap michael's yarn is great for amigurumi but sometimes a girl just needs to play with cashmere).  One of my giant works in progress at the moment is what I'm calling a Chaos Afghan.  I purchased a single-skein grab bag from Webs and picked 22 bright, fun yarns from the mix.  I'm crocheting 2 rows of each yarn in a ripple pattern and as I run out of a yarn I drop it out of the pattern and just keep on going with the yarn I have left.  When I run out of yarn it will be done.  This has been a really really fun project, I love playing with a bunch of different yarns.  And its getting pretty close to being done...not counting the gazillion ends I'm going to have to weave in once I'm finished crocheting.  I'm definitely keeping this one but I'll post a picture of it on Etsy as an example of a custom project, I'd love an excuse to buy another grab bag and make another one of these, perhaps in a different color scheme.  Once its all finished I'll get a pic up here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment